IESA – Instituto de Estudios Superiores de Administración achieves AMBA re-accreditation, confirming itself as a world leading management education institution
IESA – Instituto de Estudios Superiores de Administración has officially received accreditation from the Association of MBAs (AMBA), one of the world’s leading authorities on post-graduate business education, demonstrating its continuing commitment to excellence in management education.
Upon receiving AMBA accreditation, all current MBA students and MBA alumni of IESA are invited to join AMBA’s global member community of more than 50,000 students and alumni in more than 150 countries on a free basis, for networking, thought leadership, career development, and a variety of benefits.
Accreditation from the Association of MBAs (AMBA) represents the highest standard of achievement in post-graduate business education. Its rigorous assessment criteria ensure that only the highest-calibre programmes which demonstrate the best standards in teaching, curriculum, and student interaction achieve Association of MBAs accreditation.
Based in Caracas (Venezuela) and at Panama City (Panama), IESA is a school of management with the mission of training leaders to become responsible professionals or business people capable of contributing to the success of public or private organizations. AMBA accredits the MBA at the School, which is run in a full time, part time and evening basis.
Members of AMBA’s visiting accreditation panel, representing senior management at AMBA-accredited Business Schools globally, commended the long-term vision of the School, which aimed to continue preparing the country’s talent for careers in business, entrepreneurship and public policy within Venezuela.
In relation to this, the panel commented on the School’s initiatives to revitalise executive education within Venezuela with blended/virtual programmes for middle management, primarily in the public sector (water, electricity, petrochemicals, and cement).
The panel also mentioned the resilience of the institution, in particular its management and staff, all of whom had shown tremendous commitment to the School.
Finally, the re-design of the MBA curriculum was commended, alongside its learning outcomes metrics.
"AMBA accreditation guarantees IESA a place alongside the best management schools in the world because it represents the highest level of achievement in graduate business education. Their rigorous evaluation criteria allow IESA to identify opportunities for continuous improvement in academic and administrative processes, and prevent the Institute from deviating from the path of excellence. By achieving a distinction such as the re-accreditation of AMBA on our 55th anniversary, we reiterate our commitment to continue fulfilling our mission to train responsible leaders and managers", said Gustavo Roosen, IESA President.
AMBA accreditation is international in scope and reach, and AMBA works under the belief that accredited programmes should be of the highest standard and reflect changing trends and innovation in post-graduate management education. Its accreditation process reflects this commitment to fostering innovation, and demanding Business Schools to perform at the highest level continually.
Andrew Main Wilson, Chief Executive of the Association of MBAs and Business Graduates Association (BGA), said, ‘IESA is an important part of AMBA’s network of world class Business Schools. It is very clear that the faculty and management at the institution are committed to their students, as well as the region. I am delighted that this School has received re-accreditation and look forward to continuing to work with the School.
For more information or interviews, please contact:
- David Woods-Hale, Director of Marketing and Communications, AMBA & BGA – email@example.com
- Ellen Buchan, Insight and Communications Executive, AMBA & BGA – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Valentina Urdaneta, Marketing and Communication Manager, IESA - email@example.com
- Cynthia Tafur, Corporate Communication Manager, IESA - firstname.lastname@example.org
About IESA – Instituto de Estudios Superiores de Administración
IESA is among the group of Venezuelan institutions with the highest international recognition, rooted in its work of educating top level managers since 1965. Its experience is validated by the four major quality accreditations in business education worldwide: the British Association of MBAs (AMBA), the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), the European Quality Improvement System (EQUIS), and The National Association of Schools of Public Affairs and Administration (NASPAA).
The Institution has a world-class academic and executive training offer based on a teaching philosophy where the student is the focus of the learning process.
The Institution offers four master's degrees on its campus at Venezuela, attracting the most competitive professional talents from both the national and the international markets.
IESA also has a Virtual Campus, which offers an updated executive education portfolio of courses, programs and diplomas. Annually, influential leaders and managers attend courses at this business school to obtain the skills and tools necessary to address the challenges of today’s business world. An average of 8000 professionals are trained at IESA every year.
The School has a huge and strong network that serves as a connection to find solutions and to innovate between its students, graduates, clients, professors, staff, companies and other organizations.
Regarding its faculty, in addition to standing out for their teaching quality, they are distinguished by the knowledge they create, through their publications, presence and recognition in international conferences and networks.
To learn more about IESA programs, please visit www.iesa.edu.ve.
Also you can follow Twitter at @IESA, on Instagram at @confiltroIESA or Facebook at IESA.gerencia
Find a list of all AMBA accredited Schools here.
About AMBA & BGA
Spearheading excellence and trailblazing innovation, for more than 50 years the Association of MBAs (AMBA) has been the impartial authority on post-graduate management education. AMBA established that vision in 1967 and, in a volatile, uncertain world, it's as relevant today as it was then. We are committed to raising the profile and quality standards of business education internationally, for the benefit of Business Schools, students and alumni, employers, communities and society.
- Our accreditation service is the global standard for all MBA, DBA and master’s degrees, currently accrediting programmes from the top 2% of Business Schools in more than 75 countries.
- Our Research and Insight Centre produces a rich body of reports exploring global trends in the business education sector. This drives our global thought leadership and public affairs campaigns.
- We are the only professional membership association that connects MBA students and graduates, accredited Business Schools and MBA employers throughout the world.
- Through our members, AMBA is building an international force for good, championing best practice, responsible management and sustainability. Membership to AMBA means being part of an international community of peers with access to business strategy thought leadership, career advice and knowledge, and an MBA jobs portal.
- Our multi-award-winning events offer networking opportunities online and in person across all continents in association with international corporate partners and thought leaders exclusively for our members and accredited Business Schools.
The Business Graduates Association (BGA) is an international membership and accreditation body of world-leading and high-potential Business Schools that share a commitment for responsible management practices and lifelong learning, and that are looking to provide a positive impact on their students, communities and the economy as a whole. We offer:
- Quality assurance services to Business Schools and similar institutions, aimed at continuous improvement and positive impact to increase a Business School’s credibility and influence.
- Consultation and mentorship services to Business Schools to improve their marketing and admissions, programme design, alumni interaction, teaching methods, and career development services.
- Award-winning international events for Business School professionals, focused on continuous learning.
- Student and graduate membership, which includes social networking events worldwide, professional development tools, a Career Development Centre, and much more.
- Leading and award-winning content on responsible management, professional and personal growth, and influence via the Business Impact content hub.